As of 6 pm on Monday 28th September 2020, the Neath Port Talbot Borough Council area will be placed under a local lockdown. These measures will follow those in other areas under local lockdown, including Swansea and Bridgend. The restrictions are due to a rapid increase in the number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in these areas.
The new restrictions for Neath Port Talbot are:
- People will not be allowed to enter or leave the Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council area without a reasonable excuse
- People will no longer be able to form, or be in, an extended household (sometimes called a “bubble”) This means meeting indoors with anyone who is not part of your household (people you live with) is not allowed at the moment, unless you have a good reason, such as providing care to a vulnerable person
- All licensed premises have to stop serving alcohol at 10pm.
- People must work from home wherever possible.
The restrictions will be in place until the risk of the spread of coronavirus has reduced when they can then be relaxed. The Welsh Government has a duty to review these restrictions after two weeks and every week thereafter if the restrictions remain in place longer than this.
Please ensure you have the COVID-19 app to track and trace, available here:
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details...
- Apple App Store: https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/nhs-covid-19/id1520427663
For further details about the local lockdown, please visit:
If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com